I finally managed to set up my wi-fi here at the house (it crashed a couple of weeks back and time hasn’t been cooperative) so it’s high time I do the polite thing and respond to Kim’s award nomination.
Kim’s got an excellent blog – Girl of the Hour – which is definitely worth checking out. I look forward to catching her posts in my reader, and I’m sure you’ll love them too!
But back to business…
11 FACTS ABOUT ME:
(Forgive me for any repeats from previous posts)
1) I hate it when my bare knees touch. Hate it. If I’m wearing a skirt, I have to wear stockings. I don’t wear shorts. Yet, crossing my legs is okay. Go figure.
2) When I was much younger, I pulled all the ashes off my upper eye lids and scared the sheebus out of my mother who rushed me straight to the after-hours medical centre. It must have been quite the sight. Sadly, there aren’t any photos.
3) I’m in my early twenties and still do not have my drivers license. I’ve had my learners license for well over 5 years now. (You can get your learners license at 15 in NZ)
4) I have a very particular morning routine, mainly focusing on my hair. It involves the use of two mirrors at the same time, and small amounts of spit when my hair doesn’t behave.
5) Toilet humour makes my life worth living. Farts are funny. Admit it.
6) I bruise like a peach, and I often turn up to work looking like my legs have been pummeled with a harvester.
7) I participated in a student-exchange in high school which saw me living on a fruit block in Red Cliffs, Victoria in Australia. It was a complete change from being a city kid. But at least now I can reference harvesters in lists of random personal facts.
8) I’m a strong supporter of New Zealand’s Family Planning association and related organisations around the world. I was lucky enough to work for them while I was at university and learning more about what happens behind the scenes only inspired further awe and support. If you’re not sure what they do, I highly recommend you give this site here a good read.
9) I believe in soul mates, but my take is a little different. I don’t think there is one person for envy one, and you’re destined to find them to live happily ever after. I believe that everyone has dozens of soul mates, that fate brings together to help shape who we are and how we interact with everyone else. So that arch nemesis of yours from high school? Soul mate.
10) I dance in my chair most days at the office. Especially Friday-Eve and Friday. I’m pretty sure it annoys some of the guys, and embarrasses the others. Psssh, boys.
11) I love to knit. And create. Almost as much as fart jokes.
1) Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, definitely. But then my friends aren’t big Twitter users, and I find it very… Public, without enabling more, erm, constructive contributions to the Internet.
2) Christmas or Halloween? Halloween isn’t a big thing in NZ, so Christmas wins by default (though, Christmas is of course awesome in its own right).
3) Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. Need I say more?
4) Favorite Pizza Toppings? Since visiting Italy, I’m a margherita fan. Simple. Fresh tomato. Basil. Local cheese. Straight out of the oven. Heaven.
5) Favorite Movie? Oh, torn! I always have time for movies like Love Actually, and Crash. But I have a soft spot for Nicolas Sparks tear-jerkers like A Walk to Remember, and The Notebook, too.
6) If you could have dinner with 5 famous people who would they be? Okay, assuming that I can choose from those alive and dead… Ryan Gosling, Kate Sheppard, Dawn French, Dr. Margaret Sparrow, and John Mayer.
7) Where would you choose to max out your credit card? Burberry store in London. Yes please.
8) If you could have a super power what would it be? Ability to bend time and fit more into the day (why still slacking off as much as possible).
9) If your life was made into a movie what would the title of the movie be? Something truly inspired, like “WTF?!”
11) Which would you be a contestant on Survivor, Big Brother or Amazing Race? Amazing Race, hands down. Though I don’t know who with – would get way too competitive.
4) Emmy Cooks
11) Cookie Hangover
And last but not least…
11 QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) Hot, sticky weather, or cold and wet?
3) What was the last movie you watched that made you cringe?
4) What is one guilt pleasure you’re embarrassed to admit?
5) Cats or dogs?
6) What is something you will never do?
7) What is your most recent impulse purchase?
8) Jeggings. Yes/No?
9) Fitspo or Thinspo?
10) Name one famous person you idolized as a kid.
11) If you knew tomorrow was your last day on Earth, how would you live it? Why?
Alright folks, the ball is in your court now – go forth and spread your nominations!
And don’t forget to let us know how you get on yourself.