I’ve discovered the joy of exercise. Endorphins are my friend. As are goals. So I wrote some.
These are the 13 new experiences I want in 2013…
Run my first race– Completed February
- Try a mixed martial arts class
- Try a pole fitness class
- Try a spin class
- Go skydiving
- Try a beginners/intro crossfit course
- Try a yoga class
Try a pilates class– Completed February
- Go bungy jumping
- Try indoor rock climbing
- Buy a bike
- Sign up for boot-camp style group training
- Try an aqua/pool-based fitness class
… and these are some of the ones I completed in 2012:
- Run/walk 70km in the month of November.
- Weigh in at 70kg [NB: My first weight-loss goal ]
- Complete week four of the two hundred squats challenge.
- Try working out in the morning before work.
- Treat myself to a new piece of workout gear.
- Complete week five of Couch to 5K.
- Complete the Adidas 10km walk around the Wellington coastline on 24 June 2012
- Complete week three of Couch to 5K.
- Go one day without fizzy drinks (soda) of any kind.
- Buy new sports bra.
- Put together a playlist of at least 15 songs
- Try running on the treadmill
- Walk home faster than 6.0km/hr
- Go to the gym 10 times, for at least 30min a session
- Walk home from work (5.8km) 10 times
- Workout with the rowing machine for more than 5 minutes (and be able to walk in a straight line afterwards)
- Set up a personal training session
- Investigate ‘crossfit’
- Start the Couch to 5k programme
- Find one childhood game/activity that I can incorporate into my (growing) fitness routine
- Try a group fitness class at the gym.
- Learn how to do a burpee. Then do 10 more.
- Complete week two of Couch to 5K.