What’s a weekend without a little indulgence? To avoid spending ridiculous amounts of money on a sugar-filled brunch that I (read: my hips) don’t actually need, I made it myself.
Blueberry pancakes with banana. Yum!
4 pro-points per serve (recipe behind the cut).
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 bananas
- Sift the flour and salt together in a bowl. Add the egg and mix to combine. Gradually add the milk, mixing to a batter consistency.
- Refrigerate the batter for an hour. This will ensure that the pancakes are much lighter and not blergh when cooked.
- After refrigerating the batter, it will be thicker so add a little water to regain the right consistency.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a small frying pan and pour in just enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook until golden, then flip and cook other side.
- Serve with sliced banana. You can opt for a dusting of icing sugar, too, if you’ve got the points (not included in the recipe).