We really have to stop meeting like this.
I’d much rather sleep with you.
Getting a full night’s sleep has proved difficult over the last week or so. Why? Not entirely sure, though I expect it boils down to a couple of things (including a cold right-hand side of the bed while The Boyfriend’s on the other side of the planet for his BWA).
I’m little like an over-tired toddler at the moment – stroppy, pouty, and completely unwilling to surrender to the midday nap.
After several nights of staring at the ceiling and reciting the chorus of Call Me Maybe in my head over and over (and over, and over, and over… you get the point) I’ve turned into something resembling this:
Bad taste, I know. Sorry.
So instead of dragging my heels and making those around me quiver in fear I’ve turned to the internet to help me fix the situation. Enter, my new sleep encouraging routine:
- Go to bed every night at the same time (for me this will be 10pm), and wake up every morning at the same time (6am).
- Do not hit the snooze button under any circumstance. Which, as we’ve already established is not something I’m particularly good at.
- No caffeine after 4pm.
- Have a Sweet Dreams tea each night before bed.
- Do not use any computers, etc, in bed. The bed is for sleeping, not reading/chatting/cute dog pictures.
- Exercise everyday (outside where possible). This is something I’ve been trying to do anyway, but have been struggling with because I’m just. so. tired. Tough bikkies, Amy. You’re getting off your butt today regardless.
Have you ever been in this situation? How did you deal with it?
Any tips? Any pointers?