Aww shucks, guys! You all give me the giggly, squishy, “I-love-you-man” warmth that comes from finding new friends. And then gomeasy and fatgirl2fitgirl went along and nominated me for two different awards. Wow, guys. Thank you – you make me blush like a 13 year old girl with a crush on her big brother’s friend (a lot)!
So what does this mean? Both awards have similar requirements, so I’m going to spread double the love and follow them both together…
1. Display the award logo somewhere on the blog.
2. Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
15 10 (because 10 on my iPad is hard enough) other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
5. Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
Seven (random) things about me:
1. I bite my fingernails (and yes, I find it disgusting).
2. Dogs are perhaps my favorite animal in the world. I love them more than humans. In fact, I’m deciding right now that we need more dogs on this blog.
3. I never got my full drivers license (only my learners permit – which I’ve had since I was 15).
4. Fart jokes are funny. They have always been funny. They will always be funny. (and, for the record, clever sarcasm is just as funny – yes, it’s a real thing).
5. Wrapping presents is a hidden passion if mine. You know, old school with the boxes, pretty paper and ribbons. Lots of ribbons. The days leading up to Christmas are some of my happiest of the year (and the present giving on Christmas day is a little heart-breaking).
6. I have hazel eyes, but some days I swear that they change colour between bright green and light brown depending on my mood (and, of course, the clothes I wear).
7. Our sense of smell is an amazing thing. The five scents that always comfort me are rain on asphalt, fresh cut grass, clothes straight out of a dryer, the smell of a (clean) man at the end of the day, and cinnamon.
The best part – the nominees: